zunftHAUS with Daria Vidisheva. The intersection of the two buildings is a guild house a communal space for gardeners and the mechanics. The resolution was done really quickly since we had very little time and its a project by itself.
Final Elevation. Finally done with school!!! Handed in my last assignment (a massive academic portfolio that covered the work of the past three years). This was an elevation showing the intersection of the two housing schemes.
Zunfthaus. This is the intersection where maschinengeHÄUS pierces through the fabric of the grüneHAUS to create a communal space for the mechanics and the horticulturists for recreation. We didn’t have much time to send too much time to design this space as we mostly concentrated on housing but it’s a design project on its own.
Symbiogenese. Two days of work and an isometric showing mine and Daria’s projects done. Because its A1 and I had so many layers the photoshop file was immense and the temporary file was an astonishing 60GB! I have no clue how my computer handled it! It took me ages to render to each and every circle and get the line drawings cleaned up and right but it explains the different components of the symbiotic relationship of maschinengeHÄUS and the grüneHAUS (and yes we love German). I’ll put links to Daria’s project once she decides to upload them and also a more detailed look at each component once I’m done with it.
Concept Diagram. Since the beginning of the project I’ve been struggling to represent the complexity of the project and how it works. There were so many components involved from the Bio-gas to the CHP plant and how the symbiotic relationship of the residences with the closed greenhouse and how the closed greenhouse generated power and the inputs involved…. anyway it was a nightmare to explain during the crit. I knew the key to explaining it was a diagram but how do I make a diagram look good, architectural and explain things at the same time? I had done a couple of separate diagrams before I realized I could combine them to a circular diagram (keeps with our theme) like the the carbon or nitrogen cycle. I decided not to provide too much detail but rather show the the basic exchanges of energy involved and how they link together. Took a lot of time, thinking and research to do this but beats writing lots of text to explain your idea and it kind of looks like a Ferris wheel.
Bedroom. Updated this render. Its only slightly different than the one I had previously but I had rendered it at too low a res to print at the size I wanted so I decided to just update it quickly.
Staircase Core. For the interior renders I’m planning to create small vignettes that takes one through the housing scheme. I think I might update some of previous renders of the living room and such. After deciding on the scene and the composition the real challenge was to get the lighting right. Since it’s lit by the sun I spent almost an hour cycling through the months and times of the day to get the lighting right for this. I downloaded the cycle from the warehouse and then applied material to it. To get the rubber tyres I used a displacement map which is kind of like a bump map but less about the texture and more about getting that chunky look of tyre. The only thing I added in photoshop was the grass.